Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
You could be right, who knows? This all might just be pissing into the wind. And just to be super clear, your point about BMW not catering to the 1% is the same point I've been making in all my posts on this thread.

I work in marketing for a company that spends tens of millions of dollars a year in market research. The kind of immediate product feedback that happens here is pure gold - and it's free. You just have index it against other research to make sure you're not just listening to a bunch of outliers.

My company has "fanatics" and brand loyalists too, and we listen to them quite a bit. Even if their viewpoints can be extreme, they really care about our products and our brand, and really help us raise the bar with both their positive and negative comments.

I think it would be really foolish for BMW to alienate and not even listen to people who care enough about their products to discuss them on the internet all day. But I don't run their marketing department

All fair points, and I am not disagreeing that BMW should at least spend some time investigating the opinions of buyers on forums such as this one. I am just stating that it is unfortunately unlikely.

Remember, BMW is an enormous company which spends not 10 million, but nearly 10 BILLION dollars a year in marketing. When a company gets that large, the focus becomes less on the minutia, such as a random internet forum, and more on the global branding in general. Not saying that is the right thing to do, but it is an unfortunate reality.