wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAETD M View Post
Actually an F80 really shines at higher speed rolls. The F8x is lighter, has about 70WHP and 170WTQ more than an E9x, it also traps nearly 10mph higher in the 1/4 mile which is a good indication of higher speed roll performance.

As an owner of both models I don’t see any scenario where if both cars were driven correctly would the E9x have any chance at any speed against an F8x.
Indeed. I've owned an F82 DCT, driven the manual a few times, and both will definitely beat an E92 at almost any speed, if the F82 is driven correctly. Sure, the manual is a little slower, and you need to be in the proper gear, but almost in all cases, the F82's torque overwhelms the E92 at all speeds.

I own an E93 right now though (happily sold the F82), and I love it. Don't want another F82...waiting for the G now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAETD M View Post
Actually an F80 really shines at higher speed rolls. The F8x is lighter, has about 70WHP and 170WTQ more than an E9x, it also traps nearly 10mph higher in the 1/4 mile which is a good indication of higher speed roll performance.

As an owner of both models I don’t see any scenario where if both cars were driven correctly would the E9x have any chance at any speed against an F8x.
Indeed. I've owned an F82 DCT, driven the manual a few times, and both will definitely beat an E92 at almost any speed, if the F82 is driven correctly. Sure, the manual is a little slower, and you need to be in the proper gear, but almost in all cases, the F82's torque overwhelms the E92 at all speeds.

I own an E93 right now though (happily sold the F82), and I love it. Don't want another F82...waiting for the G now.
Was looking at the "g"... glad to see BMW finally making the giant leap to looking like an Infiniti G-35...
Appreciate 0