View Single Post
      07-28-2019, 11:12 AM   #4
ThunderMoose
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: PY E46 M3 and SG E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk94 View Post
Not yet, been mainly focusing on dialing in the setup of the car. The best way I can describe it is; any threshold, straight line braking will cause some instability to varying degrees.

Don't have data acquisition system in the car yet either, that's something I'm looking to get in the near future as well.
Without data and video, its subjective speculation at best.

Your alignment and set up sounds pretty typical, so perhaps playing around a bit with compounds like you're doing may help.

I don't know your experience level, but I am assuming you're pretty seasoned basis your build.

if you were relatively new, I'd probably jump to technique. BigJae1976 helped me early on with moving from heavy initial spike to earlier softer on high speed corners. Also, many intermediate drivers tend to get off the brakes too soon and this can cause issues, especially when you need to trail brake to/or beyond apex. Turn 11 and 12 at VIR is a classic example where you must brake less but longer...braking begins at 2 board before 11 and doesn't end to just before apex of 12. But doubtful this applies to you as an advanced driver.

My advice is to get your data acquisition set up and look at your brake application. Also, you can look at individual wheel speeds to see how they are responding. You can compare with DSC on and off to see what the computer is suggesting compared to how you're doing it.

Good luck - keep us posted.
Appreciate 1
bigjae19761569.50