View Single Post
      06-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #18
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
Thx interesting never considered the PFC BBK for use with stock 18s but at least is another option to the AP Racing kit
Not a direct comparison but...On my old track prep'd e46 M3 I was using an AP brake setup (same F caliper that's used in the e9x kit - CP5555 6-piston) and PFC race pads. Although I never had any on track issues with the AP setup, the PFC kit on my e92 M3 has much better modulation, initial bite, and release characteristics as well as overall pedal feel (great for street driving). The AP setup was pretty much an "on-off switch", however, if you prefer a solid pedal then this was a great setup (pedal firmness remained consistent - rock solid!). The PFC caliper is a monobloc design with a fixed bridge so the caliper has to be removed to swap pads. A lot of people apparently prefer a removable bridge because they say it's easier and quicker to change pads - it takes me only < 10 min longer to swap pads in the PFC caliper so personally I would not factor in fixed vs. removable bridge when selecting a brake kit.
Appreciate 0