View Single Post
      07-08-2018, 09:57 AM   #62
DreamTime
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
Four tires across the back seat, everything else in the trunk. Enough room for two chairs, an ice chest, jack, and all my tools.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
You can get 7 in the back seat of an E90 if you're not tall. Probably not worth the effort and not sure why you would ever need to do that but it can be done.
Thanks, guys. I guess I just need to try harder. One of my main concerns is that the condition of my whole back seat area is easily 9.5/10... and I work really hard to keep it that way. I just need to be careful while loading tires in and out of there if the seat is not removed.

I have been thinking that for closer tracks, ie: Road Atlanta, AMP, CMP, the Performance Center... that I should probably just swap wheels at home and drive to the track with them on. There are 2 things for me to consider though.

1. I have found it is WAY easier to remove my spacers when my car is still relatively hot about 30 mins after my last session, vs trying to pry them off when I get home. This alone makes me want to still change my tires at the track even for close trips.

2. And, close tracks only make up a portion of my schedule, so I still need to get good at cramming all my shit in the car with no issues. My next event is about 9 hours away, just south of Pittsburg, and I don't want to waste my track tires on a long drive like that. This year I am learning just how much I will have to spend on tires and brakes, as I am using up those things much faster than last year lol. Maybe I'm over thinking it, I don't know One great thing did happen this weekend though! A friend I made at the ARPCA event I went to at WGI in May has offered me a place to stay while I'm at Pitt Race... awesome!! Seriously love my track community
Appreciate 0