View Single Post
      05-10-2019, 03:01 PM   #26
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3pnoy View Post
Curious which coilovers are you going with? I abandoned the idea of going square zcp’s as I heard it touches the perches of kw’s in front without spacers.
This same issue occurs with most coil overs unless they are specified with a shorter than typical main spring. It's simply a product of having an adjustable ride height suspension. That being said, I have test fit KW V3's with 10.5 et22 and 285/30/18 tires and they did not need a spacer. This is due to the fact that the V3 uses a progressive spring instead of a linear main spring with a helper (like the KW clubsport and pretty much every other more track oriented suspension uses). The linear with helper increases the stack height and typically puts the perch in line with the tire at a lowered ride height. I have installed shorter main springs on KW clubsports as well as my current Öhlins TTX suspension in order to place the perch higher to increase inner clearance. This is really not a big deal. Springs are about $150 a set and little, if any, added labor if you plan for this up front. Additionally if you order a more custom kit by JRZ, Öhlins, Moton, AST... you can tell them you want a short main spring to avoid any issues.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0