Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Here is why you failed to understand the point that I was attempting to make. I stated...

My point was that not everybody has the money to mod right away (..if at all), but they may prefer the look of the ZCP wheels. The fact that you can recoup most of the cost of the package when selling the wheels is just a plus. Sure, you will have to purchase aftermarket wheels, but you would have to do that regardless. OEM 18's are not in demand like the 359's (..or the 220's to a lesser degree), and IMO, they don't look nearly as good. Modding is a money pit anyway! You will always lose money.
I understand that people may not have the money to mod right away, but wouldn't it make sense in that case to SAVE money instead of blowing it on a package you're basically going to negate in the future? Going with the basic 18's and no ZCP in that case would save you the money instead of wasting it on ZCP, then you're down money you could have put away for the mods you wanted later (and maybe even more).

It makes no fiscal sense to spend money on a package that you are going to gut (selling the wheels or not) later on. What PKL said makes sense. Sure, the 18's probably don't sell for as much as the ZCP wheels, but since you didn't spend the extra money for them on the package, you actually MAKE money by selling the OEM 18's, I think that's what he was trying to say. So then you have the money you didn't spend on ZCP plus the money you made selling the OEM 18's to spend on whatever aftermarket mods you want.