Quote:
Originally Posted by warp10
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by warp10
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
your setup looks hard AF! real nice. loving the buttons as well. Are those replacing all your oem buttons (or select ones)?
Running the AIM data unit (bottom 4), diff cooler, cool shirt, and flash to pass. 1 button left over.

They can run anything. That's the beauty.
I'm actually thinking of doing the same setup as you. I drive manual though so don't need the paddles. So you're saying I can have the oem buttons:

Volume up/down
Voice control/phone (never use these I can save for cool suit later)
Track up/down
Mdm (seems like mdm isn't as easy as the other controls?)
Audio output
(Seems silly but badass factor is up there!)

Pretty much just need the up down buttons on both sides and the mdm button. For the mdm button is there something different vs the other buttons that you had to keep a loop to constantly tell the car that it's on? Or was that the solution you were looking for? I'll check your other thread in CSS you wrote it up there.
I am not controlling any of the steering wheel buttons. They run on a CAN I believe. Which If you know the protocols and how all that works yes you could wire into the control box. But this set up forgoes all the steering wheel buttons on the OEM wheel.

M Button has no on/off function is it wired to always be on. I can change traction control from MDM to off with the buttons from the center console.
Yea was thinking if it's always on you can stilll change settings in idrive and dsc will still be controlled through buttons on center. I just need sport steering function. Thanks