View Single Post
      04-15-2020, 12:18 AM   #13
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
None of the fbas provide full screen because they're composite inputs. Composite can only achieve resolutions of 480i & 576i both do not achieve full screen even with zoom. If you have a part number for the OEM TV module I bet we will find it plugs directly into LVDS cable going to the CID or it sends video to CIC via MOST which is pushed out to LVDS. Fbas inputs are on CIC.
No buddy, you might be wrong on this. TV module allows you to watch full screen. I have seen many Oem Tv modules on the videos.

There is only 5 cable plugs into this. 2 Of them Power cable and 3 of them FBAS. Other plug for the DVD and Rear seat if its RSE.

This is the OEM module he might use. Because DVBT or DVBT2 for England.

Which I will look at the connection on this module since it is newer design with DVBT

And Oem module is the only module allows you to play full screen tv. Thats why I never wanted to get after market ones. And if you watch the video I linked here, he goes to full screen from the oem menu. When u hook up a LVDS, it is usually after market. . And after market products never uses oem menu if they re LVDS. Even tho the TV screen comes under the TV menu but you can not use CIC's TV menu to manage the aftermarket units such as saving channels or changing them. They use their interface.

Here is another one :
I think each channel has different sizes. I never done it so I don't know but when they change the channel size also changes.

And this is one of the retrofitters comment on Full Screen :

Original Topic is http://www.**************/showthread...-6NF-6NR/page5 (***** = bmvvcoding.com)

BTW I found the factory fitted TV pin out and I will use this for the FBAS. It is FBAS3 21-23-24 Wert_23. Factory used this for the oem tv module.
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 04-15-2020 at 01:55 AM..
Appreciate 0