View Single Post
      03-03-2015, 02:05 PM   #174
chono
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
I have a thread in the suspension forum, and there's a thread in this forum (search "Ultimate SCCA A-stock build" for much reading

Short answer, the front reservoirs are routed to, and rest in, the windshield drains and secured with fuel cell foam, this allows easy access without subjecting them to the heat of the engine bay, and the foam allows water to flow past without clogging the drains. The fronts have quick-disconnects so I just routed the lines along the harness runs

Rears are just zip-tied to the carpet behind the wheel wells inside the trunk, routed the hoses through the vent panels behind each wheel well

I think the MCS remotes are probably overkill for street class. I'd go with the non-remotes if I had it to do over again (they weren't available back in 2011 or whatever when I was one of the first to try anything semi-serious with the E9x M3 autocross-wise), for ease of install, ease of removal, and because the remotes are really better suited for a car that needs longer-run stability and heat resistance, neither of which is that important for a street/autocross car. That said, if you just want to burn money, they're awesome, and having the canisters up where you can get to them is very convenient for nitrogen pressure adjustments. And on Hoosiers, the car was magic. This thread makes me miss hoosiers.

I don't know how I missed this! Buried in the M235 discussion I guess? Thanks for the response.

Do you have any pictures of the routing? I'm interested in getting shocks with remotes -- but I can't say that I'm interested in dealing with the install.
Appreciate 0