View Single Post
      11-18-2014, 12:52 PM   #8
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsweet View Post
above guys are an m4 owner lurking in e92 forum that says a lot or some troll. Still has something to prove or is haunted by not have a real naturally aspirate m3 anymore .

The new m4/3 follows the new bmw philosophy of making a generic engine a 3.0 liter with exactly the same bore and stroke and put it in 13 bmw models exactly ( all x35i, z4, x3, x5, etc).. and including the m4/m3. then put a custom turbo in there which hardly qualifies as a unique engine at all. It's a marketing coup.

The S65 V8 is a bespoke bmw engine (other than the m5 s85). no other car - and certainly NO non M car - has that engine block.

bmw is smart and putting cheap engines in the m4, asking same price and netting the difference.

the e92 superiority to the m4/3 in not just the engine. Hydraulic steering. Check Jeremy clarkson article abotu how the m4/3 eletrical steering absolutely sucks.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/jeremy-cla...-m3-2014-11-13

It's ugly too busy front facia. the E92 looks like a classic.

The m4/m3 is a failure. All serious torque heavy cars (turbo) have 4WD. only a bastard car would have an ecoboost tiny 3.0 liter without 4FWD an electric steering, an ugly look and horrendous sound. But wait.. it has a playstation 3 sound controler in the cabin.

Finally it's cheap. There is and will be ton of cheap 6 cylinder turbos like the m4/3 from kia, infinity, nissan. While the 8400RPM NA V8 will remain an sought after exclussivity.

"It was The Stig who first identified the problem. "The new BMW M3 is s**t,"

Only on this forum do people complain about too much power and not having AWD.

What did you grow up driving? I never had cars with traction control and they were all much more powerful than the e9x m3. My z06 was fun as shit to drive without TC on. My buddies car makes @ 600 HP at the wheels and hooks up fine being RWD.
Saying the F8x is a failure? C'mon the car is brand new and they are selling so..
Appreciate 0