View Single Post
      11-18-2014, 06:18 AM   #1
rngrjag
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

Oddly quite on the F8X boards...

...about the fact that neither Automobile nor Car and Driver anointed the new M3 or M4 as an "All star" or "10 Best."

After all the crap talking about the F8X is faster and has MOAR Power, and will DESTROY an E9X M3, etc., etc, etc.

I especially liked the retorts about how the E9X folks were just butthurt that their cars were slower, NOT the fact that we were bemoaning that the S65 motor and the previously stated high-revving, normally aspirated philosophy of the ///M Division was being abandoned.

Well, seems like the verdict is in. And, thankfully, there is another company, whom I never would have previously considered buying from, that is creating a hellaciously mean-sounding, flat plane cranked V-8, with "over 500HP", will apparently be high-rev, and a manual gearbox. Good job Ford.

Yeah, I know the interior quality won't be as nice, nor will it be as luxurious, etc., etc. That's precisely why I will keep the E92 M3.

P.S. Go over to the F8X thread for the reason on the "quite" in the Thread title instead of quiet. Specifically the, "used my seat heaters, and my ass blew up, or something like that."

Last edited by rngrjag; 11-18-2014 at 06:27 AM..
Appreciate 0