View Single Post
      06-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #22
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeE92M3 View Post
One belt is longer and one is smaller. However, are any of the belts interchangeable, for example is the longer belt used with all basic aftermarket pulleys on this car, or is the shorter one always used, etc. This is all new to me, obviously, and I just want to know if there is one single belt that is basically "universal" to all the aftermarket underdrive pulleys for the E92 M3.

Thanks!
Ok heres a full break down. A pulley is smaller than the OEM pulley. Going to the dealer will get you nowhere as they have no idea what size belts you would need in order fit your new aftermarket pulley. If you can verify that AA has the same size pulley then i can find out the belt sizes like that.

The only difference between the years is the belt and by belt i don't mean size. I mean 08 is single sided ridges and 09 plus is double sided ridge. the easy way to do this is look under the hood if you see ridges then it is double sided. It is my assumption that you are not near the car. So PM someone from AA and they will tell you the belt sizes they use.

F80 ///M3 6MT Avus Blue ZCP
Appreciate 0