03-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #58
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Fool View Post
Why would you want to buy a 60k+ car without all the options????
Because it'll turn into a $70k+ car very quickly and if you don't use the options, why get them???

Quote:
Originally Posted by muwarrior07 View Post
for some of us cost is not an issue for the options, we would rather have a low option car that offers a slightly more pure and basic driving experience.

If I was only going to keep my m3 a couple years I would get it fully loaded, no reason not to. However i think if you plan on keeping you car over the long run, cars without nav/tech package will age better. When I was briefly looking at e46 m3 I would only look at ones without the nav package. I might eat my words in a couple years when the f2x m3 comes out, but I think this n/a v8 m3 will become a classic in a couple years, a classic that I will be happy that I kept. I'll get the fancy nav and other crap on my other cars

In the end get a car that you like and will be happy with bc that is all that matters.

Thanks you. Exactly what I was thinking.
I also know there have been a few cars that were lighter on the scale and seemed to have no iDrive.
The E9x M3 will be the last to have a true M engine until Seglar is knocked off!!
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0