"Makin It Happen-West Coast Style"
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 Jerez Black 6SPD

Trying to Figure This Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
I just went with the Fabspeed pipe here's why:

They have the only High Flow Cats that will not throw a CEL code.
(I think EI might also?)

The AA cats will give you a code and you need an ECU tune to turn off the rear O2 sensors, if you do that you won't pass inspection

When I spoke to the guys at Fabspeed they simply said most of the stuff on the market was way overpriced so they decided to make their own product and undercut most of them. I couldn't see spending the money for the AA setup myself, it would've cost me $1,900 for the pipe, about $1k for HFC's, and just under $1k for an ECU tune.
Thanks to everyone who has answered in the thread. I'm still a bit confused due to the pricing on the Fabspeed website:

**NEW**
BMW M3 E90/92 X-Pipe 2ndary Catbypass Pipe--- $625
X-Pipe with Resonators--- $795

Can somebody explain this to me?

Here is how I think I understand it.

If I didn't want High Flow Cats but just wanted X-Pipe I'd have to only purchase the "X-Piper with Resonators for $795"?

If I wanted to delete the 2ndary Cats, I'd have to add the $625 Bypass Pipe to the X-Pipe with Resonators for $795?

What is the difference in power gains/sound/performance between the two?

I'd appreciate somebody offering me a thorough explanation.

Thanks.
08 BMW E93 6MT Jerez Black|HAMANN-ed|Lots of Carbon Fiber|Eibach E-93 Sprgs|Advan RS-D's 19x9+22/19x10+20|AA-SSK-Pulley|RPI Scoops-Red|RPI Axle Back Exhaust- Blacked Out Tips|Hamann Rep CF Lip-Diffuser-Trunk Spoiler||Hamaan Badging
Appreciate 0