12-09-2016, 12:52 AM   #99
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msparta View Post
Hey everyone, this is just an idea but one that might spike some interest... I would be game to design and fabricate a custom all aluminum custom M housing for your older key fob board if there was enough interest via a group buy...

I currently design and fabricate high end iPad kiosk enclosures using premium aluminum as a solid mono block that is then milled to CAD specs then it is put through various finishing processes including a fine sandblast, followed by an anodized finish complete with high gloss bevels and laser engraved logos with an undercoat of oil based Enamel paint.

This is just an idea - the design could be the actual "M" itself as a solid profiled fob with buttons also made from aluminum. For this to even take off it would require about 300 unit minimum buy @ about $450 each. Actual CAD design and initial build prototype would be made if there is real interest.

An important consideration is old fob board design, are they all the same? If not having the M fobs to consolidate which will be supported and which will not is probably the first step to identify the series of M fobs to support into the CAD design... Anyhow this is more of an if folks are interested and if so I would gladly make a design everyone would want. Also thinking I can anodize using any PMS solid color code which would make customization a reality... Seeing how I am not a vendor this is more of a special projects opportunity if a vendor would like to serve a middle man thats fine with me as well...

See some works attached (will show you the material use and finish - this example is a new product I just finished and it uses the same Apple material and finish process so it looks and feels amazing).
I'd be down for something cool like that.
Appreciate 0