Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyAZ View Post
GT4 is a great car. To turn one into a dedicated track car would be pretty expensive, especially given the prices they are currently going for. My goal is to be competitive with the P cars whether Cayman or 911, hopefully my goal is realistic.
I have been to a number of PCA San Diego events which include a time trial at the end of the weekend. As you can imagine there are lots of crazy Porsche builds attending. My car does very well. I always finish in the top 3 cars out of 50+ time trial competitors.

Your car may not be supercharged like mine, but I'm sure you'll end up 300-400 lbs lighter than my car. Me and Joe from Trinity Autosport have been chasing each other's lap times at various tracks. His car is 2850 lbs which is 400 lbs lighter than mine, and he's NA. We're basically within a second of each other at several tracks.

This stuff really comes down to the driver. I don't know anything about your driving experience, but if you take the time to learn or have already spent the time to learn, this amazing build you're putting together will CERTAINLY be more than capable of keeping up with just about any Porsche.

Of course, you'll also need to invest in fast tires. Without the appropriate tires, the best build in the world can't get the desired lap times.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11500.00