Sam12345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: jet black 335i coupe

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1234 View Post
So, your trying to measure every lb in a luxury sport racer? Pull the AC, pull the rear seat, pull the dash (replace with an aluminum shell to hold the tach and spedo). But, is that really the car you paid $70K for? If you do that, why have a muffler? Pull the cats too, carpet. Strip the trunk and headliner...

If you're willing to pull the nice comfy seats and replace them with lightweight ones where are you drawing the line between removing comfort and reducing weight? The things you are doing might add up to 100 lbs. Will that really make a handling difference and wouldn't it be cheaper from an acceleration and cost/benefit perspective to add horsepower?

lol 100lbs, are you joking?

Stripping back seats- 50 pounds
Removing FULL exhaust after headers- EASILY 75 pounds.
Swap front seats for recaros- easy 100 pounds
Dash, A/C, Navigation/stereo- Like 150 pounds

Just by removing shit from the car that is almost 400 pounds. That makes a SIGNIFICANT difference in braking, handling, toss-ability, and acceleration.

I did not even mention putting lighter wheels and brakes(less rotational mass and unsprung weight, so though you decrese the weight by a little, it ends up accounting for alot...if you know what i mean)
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0