View Single Post
      05-08-2018, 11:31 PM   #26
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Man, I am truly envious! Our lives are pretty much about the 2 kiddos (5 years old boy and 7 months old daughter). Between the 1.5hr commute (each way) and working 10hr/day. I am lucky to have few hours to work on small projects!
We just purchased the house on the Peninsula 2 years ago so a project of this magnitude will definitely have to wait.
The wife wanted to have a pergola for the backyard! Got several quotes between $6.5k-$8k for a simple redwood 12ftx16ft, free standing pergola. I know I could get it done over the weekend with couple buddies but everyone is so busy. It is great that you are able to take these project yourself!
Can't wait to see the final outcome! Thank you for sharing.
I know what you’re saying, I have 3 little monsters, (7,4,3), under 2 years old is brutal. The thing about these projects is that materials are not that expensive, I went a little crazy on the pizza oven and the bbq, but the wood and stuff isn’t that big of a deal, it’s just the labor/time to get it done that is a killer.

Life is on hold if you have a kid under 2.

I have two friends who bought the 12’x14’ pavilion from costco, it’s like $1300 five or take $100, pretty sweet deal.

Last edited by KenB925; 05-09-2018 at 12:09 AM..
Appreciate 0