11-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #16
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
England
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliminator View Post
Don't know what Mikey's talking about. The pulley is completely independent and reduces the power to the other belt driven devices. Ie. water pump, power steering, alternator, etc. By reducing the power lost to these devices, you get a little more of the engines power going to the wheels. I've put mine on, taken it off, put it on and taken it off again. I can tell you honestly that, on the positive side, you feel a slight difference in pull. Wheels slip just a little easier. Big difference? Not at all. Don't expect much from 8 HP over your 414. It feels a little more rev-happy. Climbing the RPMs just a hair quicker. On the negative side, the steering gets stiff at low RPMs like when turning up a driveway or in to your garage. Not too bad though. It feels like you pushed the M button. To finish, here's one nobody has ever mentioned - to my knowledge - but the car is much smoother when cold. The bucking effect with a cold engine gets much less, or better. Not gone entirely, but much better. After that, I'd suggest getting one. It's reversable so at worst you lose your $380 bucks.

What I am saying is to get the full effect you really need to do other mods as well as I have found out , yes the pulleys are good on there own but add other components and they all work to create a much better upgrade package

thats my opinion any ways