View Single Post
      09-30-2020, 09:12 PM   #30
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
You may not want a GS Adventure, either. Have you even sat on one yet? That's a very tall bike. How tall are you, or what's your inseam? Perhaps a "normal" GS would work better? A GS is a great bike but unless you're going off-road or on really back roads, more fairing coverage on a sport-touring bike might be a better choice.

I've ridden BMWs since 1971 and have gone cross-country several times on bikes as small as a naked R50/5. My favorite is an R100CS and the bikini fairing seems to be enough for me, other than in dead of winter. Currently my newest BMW is an R1150RS though I've also owned a K1100RS. My '78 R100RS purchased new in November of 1977 had a wonderful fairing once my back got used to the short bars, but it got to where I just couldn't find gas it could run on. The best memories of it have me missing it often.
You and to_riffic and Efthreeoh and the great other post...this is the type of conversation I need to dial into what bike to concentrate for research.

1250 Adventure has optional shorter seat and suspension. But today contacted a dealer on 2020 model and wasn't getting any feel on a discount. 1250gs is off bmw website because a new 2021 is about to get announced.
The 1250 may be too tall, I know all the techniques to deal with the height but need to play with one to find out if that's what I want to play with.

I'm also researching a RnineT for the trip. and everything in between.

My window for getting the bike and shaking it down then getting started is closing in...appreciate the keen input form all.
Appreciate 0