07-30-2019, 09:02 AM   #228
ec_E92
Enginerd
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3,E36M3,957GTS,E39M5S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zstreet86 View Post
Installed mine this past weekend, I had trouble with the heads popping off the supplied 8 mm fasteners when trying to self tap into the al pieces, happened 7 times, not sure if bad batch of fasteners or me. None of the oem screws I had left failed, just the new ones. It was a pain to drill out the broken fasteners but I eventually used an upsized 5/32 bit (vs 9/64) and it made the tapping process a little easier, still plenty of thread engagement.

I chose not to reinstall the braided cable thingies (both sides/cables were damaged anyway) and instead just added a couple more holes and screws to secure the main plate to the bumper.

Overall I would recommend this product and purchase again. Well made, good fit and finish and good packaging when shipped. I did call them during the install for my fastener problem and the person that answered was very professional, friendly and helpful. So A+ on customer service.
Had the exact same problem and used same solution. First one that sheared was annoying, second was super annoying and then just re-drilled everything out larger.

deansbimmer Overall solid product and thanks for providing this solution to us enthusiasts!