footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL-Fanatik View Post
Footie,

first of all, I am not sure what I was thinking, but I want to apologize for my comment about a naive mind. I have given some of your posts some thought, and I can see where you are coming from. The M3 owned the 911S in the video, surely, you should be more than entitled to voice your suspicion. And the more I think about it, maybe you are right. I will not back down in my opinion that the M3 is faster in a straight line, to me, that could almost be classified as fact. But the distance is arguable. As we can see in the video, the start has been cut off, so we do not know which car began accelerating earlier at the rolling start. Also, we do not know anything about the shifting abilities of the driver.

But your comment that all the M5Board.com videos are false representations of reality (always pro BMW) is just as unfair. I am sure the 911S driver owns the car, so how would he purposely lose to make BMWs look better.

Agreed, that the distance between the cars may be argued, and perhaps we will never know for sure. But the M3 being faster in a straight line... there is no doubt in my mind.

Best regards,

CSL
Thanks for those comments as they are appreciated and true, I am not here to troll and always try to be objective in all the things I write about. Like I said I have quite a bit of experience of Porsche products, especially the more recent ones so when I say this video is not representative of the cars performance.

I agree that some of my comments on the M5Board videos is uncalled for but at those times my comments are in the heat of an argument so I might be smarting at the time. I still believe that until it distances itself from the M5 site it will also get these remarks. Imagine if Audiworld run a similar event and Audis seemed to win almost all it's races would similar comments not be made towards the validity of the results.

Always bear this in mind when arguing your point.
Appreciate 0