First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 M3, e46 M3 CSL

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I can't speak for devo, that's something only he can answer. But I don't agree with this race in particular and I have driven both cars and know things a too close to call. Every review or independent test conducted on each shows this to be the case.

If you were to agree that either that particular Porsche was a poor example of the breed or it was driven even worse then I would openly agree that this was what happened, but if you believe that an M3 can walk away from a 997S this easily then TB you are smoking some illegal shit.
Footie,

first of all, I am not sure what I was thinking, but I want to apologize for my comment about a naive mind. I have given some of your posts some thought, and I can see where you are coming from. The M3 owned the 911S in the video, surely, you should be more than entitled to voice your suspicion. And the more I think about it, maybe you are right. I will not back down in my opinion that the M3 is faster in a straight line, to me, that could almost be classified as fact. But the distance is arguable. As we can see in the video, the start has been cut off, so we do not know which car began accelerating earlier at the rolling start. Also, we do not know anything about the shifting abilities of the driver.

But your comment that all the M5Board.com videos are false representations of reality (always pro BMW) is just as unfair. I am sure the 911S driver owns the car, so how would he purposely lose to make BMWs look better.

Agreed, that the distance between the cars may be argued, and perhaps we will never know for sure. But the M3 being faster in a straight line... there is no doubt in my mind.

Best regards,

CSL