08-15-2020, 06:38 PM   #134
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
KMP has the only proper solution. You should not let a $250 steering wheel purchase prevent you from doing it right. My advice is sell the wheel you have and move on to the right solution. I have been around here for 10 years. I have not seen anyone relocate the M button. The only other option I have seen is to attach the whole OE switch panel to the new wheel. Definitely not an elegant solution.
Problem is there's a pretty big jump from a $250 wheel to $2000 wheel.
I'm all about doing it right but I can see why finding a way to relocate or custom wire in the M button to one of the cheaper wheel options on the market would be appealing.

I'm thinking MisterClutch888 you might want to see about getting someone around you to fabricate a bracket to relocate the button panel elsewhere somewhat cleanly. Or find someone with the skillset to wire in a custom button if that's even possible.

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 1