Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
I don't agree with this assessment. I find that it rev matches perfectly without driver assistance. In fact even on the track at high rpm I found many times I had to look to see if it had downshifted or not (because of the downshift ignore issue) because it was so smooth I couldn't feel it in the seat of the pants under hard braking. I don't feel any downshift driveline jolt because the downshifts aren't perfectly matched. However, I do think the amount of downshift blip is dependent on which S setting you have selected.

I'm not discounting you have a lot of SMG/DCT experience, I just haven't felt what you're saying.
For example just do a 3-2 downshift when you are coming up to a light, once just braking while downshifting ( should see the needle blip about 100 rpms or so )

then do it again using the heel / toe downshift method and the needle will blip around 500 rpms

You will not only be able to see the difference in downshifting on the tach but feel it as well

I always almost always keep it in S5 and maybe its just me but I like to get more than a 100 rpm blip when Im downshifting from 3-2 at around 40-45mph
Appreciate 0