View Single Post
      08-20-2017, 02:49 PM   #54
VictorH
Major
Rep
Drives: '09 M3

Street update: I've got a couple thousand miles on the system now, no issues, no rattles no problems.

One thing that I didn't like and BW and PFC both said it was no big deal but the rotor to caliper distance comparing outboard vs inboard was different by .024" on the driver's side and .018" on the passenger side. I ordered some .010 Stainless shim stock and fabricated some shims to put between the caliper mounting bracket and the upright. Finished and fabbed those today. Didn't appreciate how hard and difficult to drill good quality SS is even though it's only .010" thick.

Caliper is now more closely centered. .008" difference between inboard and outboard now on the driver's side and .014" for the same measurements on the passenger side (not really sure why that one didn't change as much as I expected but it was slightly less off center than the driver's side to start). I'm sure there's some measurement error too as it's hard to get exact measurements.

Pictures of the shims and installation below. Track pads loaded again. Will report back on track use #2 at the end of next weekend. Heading to Atlanta Motorsports Park.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0