View Single Post
      06-30-2015, 12:58 PM   #87
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutfy View Post
It will raise your car yes! I dont have pics at the moment but think its dead identical to ZCP (of John Hodges car whom I compared it with); I have Eibachs. "IF" the Swifts are OK with stock shocks then chances are they will with Bilsteins but I'd suggest you speak with them first. I certainly did.

You already have the key parts. Dont think adding these Bilstein's will make it that much more fun (in comparison to what you experienced with the CC) because the stock shocks are really good. I would look into HR front only bar at this point and leave suspension as is? You need to be VERY clear with what you want from the car, dont compare it to coilovers since they have certain advantages.

Lutfy
The stock shocks on the CC made the car feel really floaty, felt like I was driving a 70's Cadillac before however the Bilsteins made it feel similar to how my previous GTI felt with AST coilovers except more comfortable. It did raise the CC a 1/4 inch however.

My M3 has 70,000 miles on the shocks so I am thinking they are just worn out at this point. They feel like they feel a bit bouncy and on on ramps/ offramps with rough pavement I'm getting bump steer... I couldn't keep up with a BRZ that was pushing it on an onramp because everytime the M3 hit an expansion joint or rough pavement I'd loose traction. Same onramp on the CC and it just sticks.

Interesting that it will make it about even height with the a stock ZCP however. Makes me lean more towards coilovers such as the Ohlins.
Appreciate 0