View Single Post
      09-18-2014, 09:11 AM   #71
lutfy
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, NASA ST5 86, Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brians View Post
Not sure I understand what you mean here. Here are the questions i have regarding this post:

1. With Eibach's, do you suggest doing this job here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=423572

2. Do you recommend Eibach's along with the Bilstein EDC setup, or just the Eibach's?
Eibach and Bilsteins have always worked hand in hand. In fact some of the off the shelf kit Bilstein sells with springs, are actually Eibach.

During my E36 M3 days back in the 90s, I spoke with the tech at Bilsteins and was told that the shocks were actually tuned around the Euro Spec M3 spring rates which were 10-15% stiffer and in line with Eibach rates.

That said, I went with Eibach (only one flavor for our cars, its the black colored springs) yet once again on this car (e90) because the are a tad stiffer than stock rates, then the drop (like most springs in the market) are 1 inch lower in front and 0.6 or whatever at the back. That said, the link above you sent me states the rake gets messed up since front drop lowers on stock struts. HOWEVER, on the Bilsteins which actually raises the car up a little in the front vs rear, my Eibach with these Bilsteins are almost close to factory ZCP drop and rake. Will it be identical, NO. But close enough YES.

My experience is with these shocks/struts and Eibach springs and front only HR bar and -2.5 camber through Ground Control plates.

Lutfy
Appreciate 0