View Single Post
      01-26-2016, 09:29 AM   #62
davcrz5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport 2011, ISF 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
The problem here is again assumptions, have your priced out the ISF brake job? or the RCF, have you priced out the transmission flush? neither are cheap on either vehicle.

Now if paying for breaks and tires which is the biggest cost on a c63 deters you then you shouldn't own any high performance car. The only issues the earlier model 08 build c63 was stretching the head bolts which was covered by benz but no other issue has plague that car and it's sales number were actually pretty damn high so this what deterred people here and there nonsense is laughable, no one cares about comparing cars it's people speaking in what they don't know on two cars they have never owned that irritates me.

The ISF is a beast and if you read the comment I made before you spoke about c63 reliblity you will see I spoke highly of the RCF and ISF. style wise they may be concider the best looking maybe second to the f80 m3.
You are correct these cars are expensive to maintain I just did front rotors and pads, when I recently hit 60,000 miles. New brembo front rotors and project mu pads cost for both $850

All three cars had their growing pains especially in the first model year of 2008 the c63 had the bolt issue the m3 had DCT problems and the ISF had a few leaky water pumps. By 2010 most the issues had been resolved by redesigned new flashes whatever it took to fix the problems.

As far as reliability is concerned all these cars are pretty reliable if I had to rate them I would say the isf #1, c63 #2 and the m3#3. I'm basing my ranking on a few areas JD Powers reliability rating as well as general knowledge on all three vehicles. Actually mercedes-benz is ranked number 8 in overall reliability by JD Powers Lexus is ranked number 1 and bmw is ranked number 18.

But enough about reliability beating that to death already let's go back to the original OP question regarding the tune availability for the ISF and its potential in the future

Pic of before and after rotor and pads changed
Name:  20150717_114205-1600x900.jpg
Views: 1974
Size:  243.8 KB

Name:  20150717_115203-1600x900.jpg
Views: 2000
Size:  219.5 KB
Appreciate 0