Thread: Sway bars
View Single Post
      04-19-2017, 11:10 AM   #86
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Dinan bar on. anybody else noticed their adjustable endlinks are a little long? Had to shorten them all the way (with stock dampers) to get the (larger, 32mm vs. 30mm RD sport) bar to fit right on the middle setting. No way ty would fit on the stiffest setting, but I'm not going to use that setting anyway, middle both sides for now. If I had a standup bandsaw I would just take 1/4" off each end of both center hex sections and call it good. They're beefy, certainly won't break or bend, and there is no noise unlike my BW endlinks which were noisy from day 1 in certain conditions.

It weighs within half a pound of the RD Sport bar, might be the same, might be a bit more, might be less, I'm using a bathroom scale. The RD Sport bar has gigantic blades made of 3/8" or so steel plate at the bar ends so I think those probably make up for the weight difference from the Dinan's thicker tubing and heavier duty endlinks

Definitely a nicer piece in every way than the RD Sport bar, for instance the RD Sport bar didn't come with zerk-equipped bushing brackets with channeled bushings, nor did it come with endlinks.

Also, I ordered Friday and got it from ECS on Tuesday (had to pay about $35 extra for expedited shipping).

Last edited by Richbot; 04-19-2017 at 11:15 AM..
Appreciate 0