Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by butte2butte View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by //steve\\ View Post
I actually really like this. It seems like no one really ventures far from the OE options and while they look fairly clean they are also a bit boring.

I've been tempted by some of the Raceseng stuff too but it's pricey to gamble on. I know their stuff is top notch quality, just not convinced I'll love it.
I looked at the Raceseng pieces as well. Certainly nice stuff but not the aesthetic for me. A little too "tuner" for my taste. I was going for a vintage/classic look. Not the first thing someone notices when they get in the car (I dont need my shift knob to be the statement piece of the interior) but also something that once noticed is appreciated. I think understated is the word I'm looking for. Aside from the aesthetic that I like it's got a great feel in the hand. The place where the sphere meets the shaft offers a positive, repeatable grip.
This is exactly how I feel. I want something pretty basic and simple. Only other challenge is finding something just the right height. I don't like super short knobs.

I actually used to have a tall CAE shifter in the car and it felt perfect from a functional standpoint but started to feel the look was a bit much so I have an Autosolutions setup now.

Any more pics that show the entire interior with the Function First?