View Single Post
      11-11-2019, 06:41 AM   #18
ChiBimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i 6MT Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirploppy View Post
If it helps for more perspective, i have owned an 06 s2000, 98 M Roadster, and 03 Evo, we have great taste!

The M3 in Sports steering mode reminds me of the s2000, but with the inevitable 600+ pounds to deal with. You'll never get the turn in, but i think road feel is right up there.

The Evo, as I read one reviewer comment, was like grabbing one tie rod in each hand. Lightning fast and could tell the denomination of any coins i ran over.

I would let go of any comparisons to the m3 and s2k steering wise. The m3 steering will never be as good. But take an e9x m3 and compare it to a similar newer car with an electric rack... hell yes the M3 is better.
Awesome cars! We do have similar taste. It's great to see people who appreciate cars from both Europe and Japan.

The Camaro SS has good feel and better inputs all around than the E9x. That's an example of a great modern car. I agree most of the rest feel detached.

I'd say my primary comparison is to the E46 M3. I drove a great condition E90 on Friday and a poor condition E46 on Saturday. I found former to be just a little numb. If I could make the E9x feel as good as the E46 with sway bars, camber, alignment etc. I'd be delighted. Other than feel the E90 is better in just about everything else.
Appreciate 0