07-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #61
KyLu II
FREE DREAMK
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: the shiiit!

Garage List
2011 Lexus LFA  [3.76]
Thanks for the advice, is greatly appreciated. I focus all I can when I ride, I'm always "scanning" the road and watching my mirrors. The intances I encounter jackasses I remaind calm, pulled to the side and just let them by....
I understand how a r1 is too much for a beginner but I don't let power get to my head, I don't go into hig revs or dump the clutch. I ride for pleasure not to show off.
Thanks again for your input!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
refer to my followup post. Again, always pretend like you're invisible. And always have plans available.

If you haven't already you need to learn the signs of when a driver is going to do something stupid. It's been a very very very very long time since I've been truly caught offguard by a cager. EVERY driver gives a hint of what he's going to do (or potentially could do).
Be it cut you off, be it swerve into you, be it being aggressive/defensive, etc etc. EVERY driver has a sign. Learn them, and you'll be quite safe.

Also, I'll be that guy, and probably be hated on by a few of the bikers in the forum. If you have these questions, and only a few months of driving.... an r1 is probably a bit too much bike for you. (I dont' mean any offense here, I've just seen bad things happen to people)