View Single Post
      07-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #59
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyLu II View Post
I mean like n a 2 lane road, I'm in front (1-5 above speed limit) and ou of the blue some asshole decide to cut me off, I'm talking about a city road, not some backwoods road...

Should I go way above the speed limit? Or maintain speed? Again, I only had couple of months worth of riding
refer to my followup post. Again, always pretend like you're invisible. And always have plans available.

If you haven't already you need to learn the signs of when a driver is going to do something stupid. It's been a very very very very long time since I've been truly caught offguard by a cager. EVERY driver gives a hint of what he's going to do (or potentially could do).
Be it cut you off, be it swerve into you, be it being aggressive/defensive, etc etc. EVERY driver has a sign. Learn them, and you'll be quite safe.

Also, I'll be that guy, and probably be hated on by a few of the bikers in the forum. If you have these questions, and only a few months of driving.... an r1 is probably a bit too much bike for you. (I dont' mean any offense here, I've just seen bad things happen to people)
Appreciate 0