PittsDriver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 3.5i, X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsDriver View Post
They've had that demographic in mind for as long as I can remember. I bought an F355 Spider new in 1997 and had considered the 550 Maranello but at that time felt it was not the go-cart I was looking for. Still, some incredibly beautiful (looking and sounding) cars in that grand touring class.

Oddly, that F355 is one car that, after 10 years of ownership, I really don't miss as much as the C4S I had next.
Was the 355 problematic?

I'd LOVE a 430 Scuderia - those things sounds absolutely insane.
Problematic? Only if you consider the 15,000 mile service require dropping the engine for valve guide replacements and costing nearly $12,000 for the service. The Spider had power articulating seats to retract the top. Those failed at about 10,000 miles and cost several thousand dollars to replace.

I paid more to maintain that car over 10 years than my brand new Porsche C4S cost to buy outright. It was a dream come true car for me but I've adopted Jay Leno's attitude toward Ferrari. They feel they are bestowing a blessing on you to allow you to own one of their cars and I can't say that I ever felt like the valued customer they way Porsche treated me.

However, that high revving V8 sound was seriously erection inducing.
Appreciate 1
NYG10741.00