04-14-2008, 07:27 AM   #127
rai
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe with DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaida442 View Post
Just looked on the UK site and they can order CA and M drive is standard without ordering EDC. This is the config that I want. BMWUSA you suck.
this is totally my point. CA could be a stand alone option as it is on every other bmw (and Mini) and as it is on the M3 in the ROW.

So when he's asked why can't it be an option the correct answer is BMWUSA wants to force options so they won't include as a single option.

And the BS about "We're listening" is just that BS since if they were listening they could change it tomorrow. Don't say it can't be done cause that's a lie. No reason why CA can not be a stand alone option.

BMW already does it for the ROW.

IDK if it's something to do with the US dollar (or the 'low' base price in the US) BMW wants to make money so they are charging US for metalic paint (I believe it's no-cost in UK) and won't offer CA without technology package.

The other point is heated seats is a stand alone option, so what's the big deal with CA? I mean if they charge $500 it's going to be sold to some (who don't like/want i-drive technology package).
Appreciate 0