View Single Post
      03-01-2021, 07:34 PM   #1
KanseiDorifto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 JB/FR E90 M3

Bluetooth audio only occasionally stops working with OEM combox

I've been coming across a weird issue with my new-to-me 2011 E90 M3. My phone has had no problem connecting up to my car's Combox with Bluetooth in the last couple weeks I've had it. But every other day or so, the music playing on my phone stops playing out of the car. A typical day where the issue might occur goes like this:

- Leave home with it working perfectly, make a stop and turn the car off
- Get back in the car and after my phone is connected again, music won't play through my speakers though it says it's playing on my phone
- Arrive at next stop, turn the car off, and it works when I start the car again

It always works again when I completely unpair and pair my phone back up. Calls also always work and I've noticed that when this happens, the CD/Multimedia screen says "Waiting..."

I've tried a few searches for this but most people seem to have issues with all Bluetooth functionality, not just only music playing and only occasionally. For what it's worth, I've tried using all my different music/podcast apps when it stops working and none of them will work, so it's not an app-specific problem.
Appreciate 0