Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksm3 View Post
Now this is what I'm talking about! Love it and nice to see that you are still on oem internals with a blower and tracking it!! Now I may opt towards a blower just don't like the idea of adding weight to the nose. Wish the plenums were plastic like oem.
Sorry if I didn't catch it but what's the weight of her now? And are you running engine, trans and diff coolers?
Thanks! Weight was 3235lbs before the wing was put on. There's a bunch more weight that we can easily lose, like stock rear exhaust section (25-30lbs), rear glass to Makrolon plastic (10-15lbs), all body panels, doors and roof are still metal so we could lose weight there, and if this was truly a race car, we would lose the blower which would take out around 100lbs. Also, the car has retained virtually all wiring. There's a number of pounds to lose there by stripping some of the wiring out, but I'm not in a hurry to do that.

I do want to do the exhaust soon but I may end up at Laguna Seca again in a couple weeks, so I'm gonna hold off.
Appreciate 0