05-18-2011, 03:30 PM   #39
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
The strangest thing. I washed my car yesterday (as I do every Sat), and the squeeking has almost disappeared. So it may be that the rubber was drying out and got dampened when I was washing my car. I'll see how the week goes by and see if the noise comes out. Regardless, I'm going to the dealership next week to get the silicone applied. I don't see what the big harm of silicon is....it's greasy stuff. Once applied, it should not dry out for years and it's not gonna eat away your weather strips...it's not caustic like acid or anything potent like that!
You could be onto something. In my case, the squeaking started about 3 to 4 days after a terrible experience at a "hand car wash" place. Those numbnuts, to make up for the initial f'up, gave me a detailing job, but after a number of days, you can tell all they did was apply a ton of wax to cover up the swirl marks. Anyhow, I'm thinking some sh*t they used during the detailing job filtrated into the door edges, and onto the rubber door seals/weather strippings, dried up, and started causing the squeaking. If that was the case, the dealer telling me that lubing the door seals fixed the issue makes sense to me.
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0