View Single Post
      01-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
Mbauer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 187outx3

VMR & Eibach, The Perfect fit!!!

First off BIG thanks to Peter @ VMR Wheels!!! He also has a E92 and suggested the wheels sizes. My only concern was that they DO NOT rub! I wanted a pretty aggressive width but with correct fitment. I wanted to stay with 19's. 30 series sidewall is pretty low as it is. I went with 19x9.5 in the front and 19x11 in the rear. This size allowed for 265's up front and 295's in rear. I went with Hankook tires which are a great tire despite their price. First impressions, as they say on "The Soup".... Soooooo Meaty!!! The 295's make it look like a mans car. Obviously the wheels look good haha!!! I love black matte finishes because they hardly show brake dust when they are dirty. The bigger tires up front make the steering a lil bit heavier but its not a bad thing. Im really sensitive to changes in the car so me saying its slightly heavier, most people probly wouldnt notice.

Springs.... I have been a huge hater of drop springs, cause 90% of the time they ride like shit. I was about to get the Dinan stage 2 but the front is not low enough for me. I drove another car with the Eibachs and I was sold. I do have EDC and I really enjoy it and want to keep it, so springs were almost the only option. As there have already been a ton of threads about using the E36 M3 bumpstops, I decided to use those too. I kept the alignment specs pretty close to stock since I will be driving this car on the street far more than the track. The front Camber was at the -1.5ish stock threshold which is fine for the street.

Test drive..... The car definetly rides on rails. The front of the car feels noticeably flat in the corners where before it would lift up and understeer when exiting a turn with acceleration. The main difference in the corners is the front to back shift with throttle. When entering the corner a lil hot you think the car is going to understeer... but it doesnt. Braking is really stable in the turns however You can feel the car get a little loose on edge when the shift occurs. I actually found if you stay in the throttle (I know it sounds crazy) The rear of the car stays squated and and allows those 295's to grip and gives you more exit speed. I do recommend working up to this slowly because the car still has enough power to break the rear tires loose so pressing the yellow triangle on the first try is not recommended unless you want to open your wallet again.

A few pics....

Appreciate 0