View Single Post
      02-12-2023, 03:28 PM   #16
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by John4C View Post
So I tend to agree with the sentiment in this thread. It really has no positive impact to resale IMHO (contemplating the cost to do it). If you do put PPF, you should go in appreciating that you’re doing it for yourself not for resale. I’ve had a full PPF car and it was great because I never worried about swirls, etc but idk if that was worth the 6k I paid. I did sell that car and IMHO I sold it for the same price I would've got with no PPF.
This. I've done PPF to the full front clip on basically every car I've owned in the past say 10 years (12ish cars I believe). I've always done it for me and only me. I hate rock chips, I hate what the northern climate winters do to the front end of cars, and I'm generally just less anxious driving my cars with PPF than without it. Much like ceramic coating, I'm under no false impression that it will somehow garner me more money when I resell the car (especially since I turn over cars like underwear). It's a losing financial proposition for me, but one that I'm willing to deal with and absorb for what it does for me during my ownership of the vehicle.
John4C870.00