View Single Post
      10-18-2018, 11:30 AM   #32
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Just a bit more info:

Lowered the front a bit more, My initial setting was about 3mm higher than it was with the stock struts. dinan plates and ZCP X6 front springs, now 6mm lower than it was (so, basically, stock no-plates ZCP height because the Dinan plates add about 6mm to the stack height). Rear height is identical to stock ZCP, as it should be with just a shock change

The perch could go about 18mm lower. It's got plenty of room to the tire (275/30-19 front Michelin PS4S on square 220M rear 9.5 et23). But like the KW's et al, would need to convert to a shorter spring to keep the perch up high out of the way if one wanted to run a shload of front wheel with these. If you're doing that with these, you're probably missing the point of them. I think your basic ET25 10" wheel should work with most street tire 275's, and certainly with a spacer. There's room for my finger in between the sidewall and spring perch

TIGHTEN THE SET SCREW ON THE SWAYBAR ENDLINK BRACKETS

If you don't get it all the way tight (using a standard 4mm allen, so not like you're torquing to a million ft-lbs) it will clunk and you will think the car is about to fall apart. I thought I had it tight but I didn't after lowering the car and drove it and was ready to burn the whole car to the ground until I found the loose set screw

SACHS docs also show the lower perch shnugged up tight against the swaybar mount, so that's what I did. The install instructions are terrible.

Last edited by Richbot; 10-18-2018 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 1
Timujin352.50