View Single Post
      10-11-2018, 09:35 AM   #31
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

I have settled on +4 and +4 front and rear for mine. For performance driving I'd want a bit more, and if I still had the 17's on the car I'd probably want more too because those add a lot of flex, but with the 275/30-19's square, I want the extra compliance over small stuff.

Adjustment up front is easy, just turn the wheel all the way to the stop, make the adjustment, turn the other way, make the other adjustment. Rear requires you to reach around and find the lower shock mounting bolt blind and then move your hand up to find the adjuster. Not quite as easy-peasy, but still much more doable with the car on the ground than I was expecting.

But again, keep in minnd I'm using the stock ZCP rear springs, ~550lb/in vs. the 685-ish springs the kit comes with, and I'm not lowered at all up front.

If I'd lowered the car I might want a bit more. I have almost 1000 miles on these now and I don't think the front springs are going to settle any more, and it's still *slightly* by like 1/8" higher than it was before the front coilovers went on, so I may lower it a few more turns up front, which will mean I also have to move the swaybar mount...ugh, which means I probably need to shorten the endlinks, which probably are all seized from being used on the car 90,000+ miles (bimmerworld links). Now that I think it through I may just put it on my scales before that and see where I am cross weight wise and if it's close, not mess with it. On the stock ZCP springs and non-EDC dampers it was always right at 51% with me in it. Good for stability on ovals...lol

I did manage to hit the bumpstop on the left front over a really bad concrete chuck/heave on the highway, and nothing broke, so, yay.

Last edited by Richbot; 10-11-2018 at 10:56 AM..
Appreciate 0