07-03-2018, 01:56 PM   #60
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by byroncheung View Post
Have been reading all these spacers vibration threads. I just added 12.5mm turner spacers to my stock zcp, low and behold - vibration at steering wheel at 70mph up...

i was lazy and the hubs looked relatively clean, even though there was a little rust on the inside of the hub lip, the outside looked pretty clean, plus the spacers seem to sit flat, so i didn't clean it. i will try to clean them with scotch bite and reinstall.

but if that doesn't fix it, i'm tempted to give up... after reading all these threads saying that sometime after cleaning and rebalancing there would still be vibration, the whole endeavor seems very time / energy consuming with very little gain...

good excuse to buy some wheels i guess...

Spacers are not worth the trouble, IMO. If you really need the wider track because of new suspension geometry and track usage, buy different wheels. Yes, I know Porsche offers them, but only 5mm which is pretty minuscule. I can't believe there are 15mm spacers for sale, that is freaking enormous.

Then again, I suspect many people who buy these want the race car look for a street car.