11-17-2015, 01:18 PM   #5
njdrive
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Pedal Steve View Post
As soon as I pulled the M3 into the Marriot on Ft Lauderdale beach- the parking attendant was all eyes. As I headed into the lobby to inquire about a room, he demanded the key. I explained that it would be there only 2 minutes and he said he would have it towed. So I exercised my freedom of choice and went next door to the Yankee Clipper where they were glad for me to leave my car out front for a few minutes.

I really don't let anybody drive my M3 especially a teenager. Anyone else fussy about Valet parking?
I try to avoid valet with the BMWs, I ALWAYS do a full walk around prior and after getting the car back. I will tip to in hopes that they baby my baby. I will never valet park the M. I don't car if I have park it a few blocks away and Uber back to the location. If valet is a must, I will pay to park it myself or have it parked up front. It is something about the way the valet's eyes light up when they see the car. I am quick to disappoint them; not today my friend!! My beater returned with scratches and a ding one time. I didn't notice the damage until I arrived home.

One time I told valet that I would park the beater. told me I had to park it on the upper level of the parking lot, I said okay. On the walk down 5 levels I obsverd one kids "valet" race an Challenger SRT8 around the ramps and do a burn out into a parking space. It was like watching F and F Tokyo Drift . As I walked down the each level, the tire screaching did not stop as they drove these cars into to parking deck.