Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW M3 IP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Sorry Steve, your logic is escaping me. You may lack the confidence of going on the track because you have not been there before yet the first time you want to do it is with your own car with decent instruction from BMW CCA?

You will get excellent instruction at M School, lots of seat time, you will get everything from basic car control to advanced open lapping in BMW's own cars.

The only exercise that may scare seems to be the heel-n-toe, don't worry about it, most people suck.

You will be a much better driver after M school than out of a CCA event, by a long stretch.

BTW, one of my classmates crashed and wrecked a M5, after he cleared medical, he went out in the next session.
I agree with you, T Bone; that was actually my feeling originally, that I didn`t want to use my own car, at least at first. Most of the responses here seem to indicate that I can start out more slowly at a CCA event and gradually build up skills so I won`t be in over my head at M School. Since I`ve never done either it`s hard to decide which is better except to ask advice from those who have. I really appreciate every who has taken the time to give me advice on this. I guess I can`t go wrong either way, it will probably come down to whether I feel comfortable using my own car. I`m kicking myself for never doing any events over the last 3 years with my ZHP
Appreciate 0