View Single Post
      04-14-2018, 07:13 PM   #14
beats
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 911 GTS

I had test driven lots of Porsches in the past, a Cayman R, 997 GTS, 991.1 4s, and a 981 Cayman S. Although I always preferred the Cayman to the 911 I never really felt the 'upgrade' was enough over my E92 M3 (in the end I had a tune, test pipes and MCS suspension).

I was in Germany last fall and rented a 991.2 GTS for a day from Porsche Drive in Stuttgart. We ended up spending the day in the Black Forest with it and I can tell you it was the most fun I have ever spent in a car off of the track. The car was a blast in all respects. Handling, power, refinement etc. Amazing.

My first day back from Germany I started looking at GTS's, and within a month bought a 991.1 GTS. I love this car! I think you need to spend a bit of time in these cars to truly appreciate them, and a 20 min test drive on city streets does nothing for getting a feel for it IMO.

Another thing to consider is stock tire pressures in the 911 at least seems extremely high for daily driving, something like 37,42?? Most people drop them to 32/35 for normal driving which really improves ride compliancy. This might have factored into the OP's feelings on harshness.

I think the E92 is an amazing car and great overall value/utility for the track and spirited driving. You can't go wrong either way.
Appreciate 3