04-10-2018, 01:51 AM   #43
strokemycocktus
Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
I'm undecided on what I want to do due to the lack of travel. Honestly, if you want OEM ride quality with a 10mm drop, ZCP is the way to go. If you prioritize handling over aesthetics, there is no better solution. I personally don't know if I will be happy with the factory 10mm drop. I will have to look at more pics to determine if that is enough for me. Either way, I will most likely get a camber plate (Vorshlag or GC) to get some adjustability and get more camber.
Maybe try DINAN springs, they lower the car by 1/2" front and back and most likely have the spring rate that allows good handling. Any other aftermarket spring set seems to be mostly for looks, as they lower the front more to remove the wheel gap. This IMO upsets the weight distribution.
I had the swifts with my ZCP suspension and didn't like the handling. Sure it was stiffer and on a perfeclty smooth road you could definitely feel less body roll, but the suspension had problems with keeping the wheels on the ground on any road imperfections. I didn't have the e36 bump stop/shaved mounts mod though. The drop difference isn't that big vs ZCP springs as well