c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Total agree about DC. Hate going there. As soon as you cross the city limits, you feel this weird tugging. When you look down, it's some DC employee trying to pick pocket your cash away from you. Whether it's the speed cameras (which DC will not disclose what the threshold is for one to trigger over the speed limit), the red light cameras (where they have unusually short yellow lights), the parking tickets (with overly aggressive meter maids and confusing signage meant to entrap you into a violation), you just don't know how you're going to get robbed.

I have another comment but that will be political.....
I don’t hate going to DC but driving really isn’t a viable option and you need to plan ahead, and be patient to get in and get out. I enjoy going down to the Zoo, Du Pont Circle, Georgetown and of course all the museums and monuments. But you really need the Metro or VRE. Unfortunately that’s not always realistic either. Many times visiting the district, I need to be coming from one meeting and then have something else after my DC trip. No metro stops are close to where I am.
Appreciate 0